Through other people's limitations, I find out how little I am willing to limit myself. I can't make myself smaller because my simple occupying of space bothers you. I can't dim my light because you constantly measure your own light through comparison and wrongly feel that you fall short. I can't walk on eggshells to prevent hurting your fragile ego. I can't keep my conversation to the atmospheric weather when there is a multitude of colours and feelings and underlayers to be discovered in the world. 

I can't nod yes to all the half-truths just to make people feel more comfortable in their own skin. I cannot dress in greys because you find my bright colours threatening. 

What I can do, is to accept you wholeheartedly, if you're brave enough to just be. I can cheer your conquers, no matter how small, no matter how big and I can marvel at the wonder of who you really are. I can share dreams and listen endlessly (as you probably know all too well I always have). I can support your choices and admire each step you take. I can show you my weaknesses along with my strengths. I can be a loyal and dedicated friend who will always tell you the truth, or the closest possible to it. I can love you even when you can't love yourself. Especially then. 

I can be me and allow you all the space to be you. But I can't, my friend(s), it to make myself smaller so that you can feel bigger. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four weddings and a comunion....