Spring

Memory: The first day of the year when I was able to wear short sleeves used to make me feel like a bird somebody just set free in the sky. Smells, sounds and the general feeling of spring. Even through my worst years, later on, this feeling remained, no matter how faint.



Nowadays, is becoming stronger and stronger again. I now live in a world of colors, flowers, creation, love, friendship and discoveries. Tempered by the ever present conciousness that we are nor eternal (should I say fear?). Learning to feel the eternity in each moment though.



The flowers and the warmth are back, and I prepare myself to feel the air on my skin.



Funny fact: For two days in a row, a bird came to our window, called for our attention and stood there, staring at us, while we stared back at him, wanting to ask him if there was something special he/she wanted to tell us. He/she flew away when I got my camera the first time, and flew away when I mentioned the word 'camera' the second time. I feel happy when I think about that visit.

We'll never know what made him/her stay there, for a short moment that felt like forever, looking inside while we were looking outside. My love freaked out a bit. That bird looked way too human I guess...birds don't just decide to stare through your window, calling for you on their arrival. 'Let it be' I said, 'he's bringing us a good message, whatever it is'. I decided he meant good fortune for our big changes about to come. How handy is that??
















One of my special flowers...since ever. Pansy. 'Amor perfeito' in portuguese. That means 'perfect love'.













'The blackbirds flights are low, short and undulating but fast and direct over open country. They move with determination and focus and can teach us how to do the same. When blackbird flies into your life your connection with nature and the forces of creation increase. The magic of the underworld surfaces in your life. Awareness is heightened and change on a cellular level begins. The blackbird teaches you how to acknowledge your power and use it to its fullest.' (http://www.sayahda.com/cycle.htm)

'Blackbird - Omens and mysticism, color of fear and promise' (http://www.semjaaza.com/ur/sof_birds.html)

Starling - Sociable, communicating diversity, forceful (http://www.semjaaza.com/ur/sof_birds.html)

It was either a female blackbird or a starling (our visitor, that is).
I felt the visit was a good thing anyway.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four weddings and a comunion....