THRIFTY WEDNESDAY - SMALL INDULGENCIES

....yes...I do know that when one says one's gonna post on wednesdays...they usually refer to the beggining of the day....not nearly thursday. But being a mum has these things and the truth is I couldn't find the time to post earlier. We woke up late to start with, I walked into the village to browse a couple of charity shops whose browsing I had left unfinished yesterday, rushed back, cooked lunch, walked dog, sat down for a moment at the computer, but little Missy was unsettled, therefore ended up having a nap on me. Long story short, when I saw the time it was already time for bath, dinner and Miss Lilliputian Empress' bath. It's amazing how days go by....I haven't even washed up after dinner and we missed Parents and Toddles this morning....

Even now I am sitting in bed, next to the little one, hoping she won't wake up when I stant up to take some pictures for todays' post and wash my teeth. I wonder what I do wrong...I probably iddle way too much, it must be it. Because I honestly don't know what I do with my time.

I am happy though, because I really felt like buying something for myself and have found a good number of nice bargains, which I hope to post on here today. I also found some vintage items elsewhere, so I am continuing my collection for my soon-to-be-opened online vintage shop.

The other good thing is that we (out little Empress, her father - aka my hubby, and me...oh, and Chacal, the dog) saw a beautiful sunset and we lingered on by the estuary, in spite of the(not too strong wind), in order to see it until the end. It is such a wonderful sensation to watch the sunset in a winter afternoon and know that there is a warm and cozy home waiting for you.

My camera is playing up with me big time, and I am starting to convince myself it is time to spend a small fortune on a REAL camera....

Pictures will be close to terrible on this post, because I have to take what my camera generously decides to give me and I also don't have a lot of time for editing....so....I beg your pardon for that. I really hate posting lousy pictures...








The pictures don't do justice to this skirt, but it is a gypsy/hippie style skirt, just how I like it. The colour is brighter, but as I said, pictures are not coming out all right today. I still have to fix it though, because it is way too big for me (it's a size 14, so a couple of sizes bigger)
































I am usually not a rose girl, though nobody could say so from today's post. I will buy rose if I see something I like very much....in this case not only I liked this pieces very much, they were all 1 pound each...impossible to say no! The top was originally 4 pounds, and when I saw it I thought ''naaaah, way too expensive''. Yesterday there it was, on the 1 pound rail!!


....

Oh yes, I do realize that there is a flag in that t-shirt. Well....actually I do now. When I bought it it was only a nice t-shirt with many butterflies and some daysies. Then when I looked at it at home, there it was, the flag. I am NOT a flag girl, believe me. But here we are, the t-shirt has a flag on it, there's no way around it. I am not even much of a t-shirt girl, but this one was snug and had very short sleeves. And the printing had butterflies on it (ok, and a flag, I can now see....) I might transform it a little bit in order to make the flag less apparent. Sorry, I just feel strange carrying a flag on my chest, no matter what country it is from....

Anyone got any good bargains lately you would like to share?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four weddings and a comunion....