Weekend Travelling: Monsanto, last year.

Yesterday, we went to the beach and it was a great afternoon to do so. As it doesn't seem to be so common around South Wales, it was neither very windy or very cold. Which meant that having a walk on the beach was actually most enjoyable. We went to the mumbles, and I would gladly share some pictures of that, if my camera hadn't most uncooperative, as it has been lately (apparently her- yes, my camera is a lady,  batteries are full but then she refuses to work clamming are batteries are empty....most annoying). While walking around with my partner and my dog, carrying my baby girl on a wrap and feeling happy I remember a trip we did last year, when I was in my early pregnancy, in which I started to imagine already how we would be making all sorts of travelling with our baby when she/he (we didn't know by then) was born. That too, was a very special weekend travel, which I am about to share with you.


The place we went is called Monsanto, it is in Portugal, not very far away from the Spanish border (we were living in Spain by then). It is a small village with stone houses, some of them built in a way that they seem to melt with the rocks. Pictures will show it a lot better than my words.


Probably due to its rustic look and the feel that one have gone back in time once entering Monsanto, Spaniards call it ''the most Portuguese village of Portugal''. Portuguese people always wonder at this designation, but I can understand where they are coming from. The village is built on the top of a rocky hill, which only adds charm to it.









































































































































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four weddings and a comunion....